Overview | Plant Tour | Equipment List | History | ISO Certified

History Of Marshall Manufacturing Company

Marshall Manufacturing Company has a track record of constant growth and expansion. Lawrence Gagner started the company in the early 1950's working by himself in a rented space in northeast Minneapolis on Marshall Avenue, which gave the company its original name of Marshall Screw Products.  In 1956 the company moved to 4,000 square feet of rented space at the Griggs Midway Building in St. Paul. Initially, Marshall specialized in short run turning work, and in 1958 the company expanded into general machining work. By the mid-1960's Marshall bought out two smaller companies and began supplying metal and plastic machined components to the pneumatic, hydraulic and meat-processing industries.

By the late 1960's the business expanded to the point where machines were "in the aisles." This growth initiated the construction of a new building in 1970 with the new name "Marshall Manufacturing Company." In February 1979, John Timmersman bought Marshall and began preparing the company for the 1980's.  Under his ownership, CNC turning, CNC milling and several other enhanced capabilities were introduced. The new Marshall would accommodate a broader customer base, including liquid filtration, automotive, and military component manufacturing. A network type computer system was implemented as well as a new quality system of MIL-I-45208A.  In 1993, Marshall participated in 3M's O2 Project, which resulted in the remodeling of the shop for cellular manufacturing. This initiated the reorganization of management into streamlined, productive, efficient, problem solving self-managed teams. The immediate results of the restructure included the creation of a safety program, procedure documentation and the implementation of ISO-9002 in spring of 1996. Over the next few years Marshall began to focus on finding new customers in the medical industry.

Today, Marshall Manufacturing Company supplies medical devices and components to OEM's in several markets which include; urology, orthopedic, laparoscopic and dental. Manufacturing materials include 300 series stainless steel, 17-4 and 17-7 stainless steel, titanium, L605, MP35N cobalt chrome alloys, and a multitude of medical grade plastics. Current capabilities include 2D and 3D bending, precision bending, CNC bending of small diameter tube and wire, CNC Swiss machining, CNC turning, CNC milling, wire EDM, and medical laser tube cutting. The scope of medical manufacturing products Marshall provides to their medical OEM's includes medical introducers (both solid and tubular), trocar needles, cannulas, spinal implants, external fixation products, laparoscopic components and more.  Marshall's Quality Management System (QMS) is registered to ISO 13485:2003 and ISO 9001:2008.  Marshall is a medical manufacturer that offers their customers World Class quality and service.

Marshall Manufacturing

Machining Plant
3820 Chandler Drive
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55421

Toll-Free
Phone: 1-800-321-6727
Fax: 1-800-321-6728

Mpls./St. Paul Metro Area
Phone: 612-788-9621
Fax: 612-788-7017